Byte Editor: Jill Chaffee
Our weekly newsletter, The Byte, is emailed to all subscribers on most Sundays during the school year. Stay current on all news, including:
- Medina Elementary School news
- important deadlines
- upcoming PTA events and activities
- PTA meeting agendas and updates
- community events
You can subscribe/unsubscribe to The Byte here:
You must have a website account to subscribe.
*You are automatically subscribed to The Byte when you register for a Medina PTA website account.
*If you are not receiving The Byte, please check your spam folder and set your email settings to allow messages from email@example.com
On occasion, we release "special editions" of The Byte in addition to our regular weekly correspondence, such as:
- Summer special editions, emailed when there is news during the summer.
- Auction special editions, emailed while our online silent auction is open for bidding. (Not applicable in 2020-2021)
Submit your news:
You must be a PTA member to access the form.
Please submit your content by 11PM ON THURSDAY to have your submission in that week's issue of The Byte. This deadline is firm, and submissions are subject to PTA approval.
Directions: Click on the question to view the answer. You must click on the TEXT, not the surrounding colored box.
Past issues can be found here: View The Byte Newsletter archives.
If you have an idea for a special edition, please email our Byte Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks before the requested date of publication for approval. Decisions will be made within a few days on a case-by-case basis.
If the request is approved, please submit the content at least one week before the requested date of publication to allow the editor sufficient time to edit and format the special edition Byte.
We are mindful of keeping parent emails to a minimum. Thus, the publishing of Special Editions are based on the following considerations:
- There is new content that is substantively and substantially different than what has already been published in the Byte.
- There is a sudden change to a program or event due to unforeseen circumstances, such as a school closure, weather-related issues, etc.
- There is new information that is available after the publication of a weekly Byte and needs to be published before the following week's Byte (such as updates to the amount raised toward fundraiser goals).
- There is important, timely, and more detailed information about a program or event that is too long to publish in a regular Byte (such as the audition information for the Missoula Children's Theatre).
A special edition Byte will not be a reprint of a submission that has already been published in a regular Byte. Also, a special edition will not be sent out to remind people about events or activities. The only exception may be for Friday events, as these would occur a week after the publication of the previous week's issue.