The details for this page reflect the 2020-2021 school year. Stay tuned for updates for the new school year!
Family and Community Engagement (FACE)
2020-2021 Chairs: Maria Ortega and Carmen Gomez Alzaga
Family and Community Engagement (FACE) is at the center of everything that PTAs accomplish. The goal of FACE is for each and every child and family in a community to feel as though they are part of Medina PTA, and for our PTA to be an active part of the community in which it resides.
We embrace our multicultural diversity and celebrate it. We are focused on family and community engagement to ensure our mission to support all children in our community.
Family and community engagement -
- Fosters and builds community within our school where all feel welcome, and can make a positive difference for all children;
- Builds and supports positive relationships between teachers, staff, administrators, families, and community partners;
- Provides an accessible support system between school and community resources and families.
Through family and community engagement, Medina PTA can truly be a relevant, integral part of our community. WELCOME to FACE.
Collection Drive: January 22 until February 1
Live Event: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 7pm
Let's practice Medina Tiger kindness through our collection drive to support the nonprofit Bellevue LifeSpring. Donate the non-perishable food and other items listed below to help support Bellevue families in need.
Live Event Details
At our event, a representative of the nonprofit Bellevue LifeSpring will give a brief presentation about how our collection drive items help benefit the families they serve. There will also be a fun trivia game for kids to participate in. We hope everyone will be able to join us for this event.
Collection Drive Details
Drive-through: Friday, January 22nd from 3-5pm and Saturday, January 23rd from 8-10am. Place everything in your trunk for a contactless drop off. Pull in to the bus loop parking lot where a PTA member will collect your items from your car.
Drop off at school: Until February 1st. No visitors on school property during school hours, so please drop off after school or on weekend. Please place in the bin marked "PTA" at the school. Bin will be checked daily.
Can’t make it? Email FACE@medinapta.org to coordinate an alternate contactless drop off location and time.
Most needed items for donation:
- Dry Beans
- Tomato sauce
- Canned tomatoes
- Canned corn
- Canned chicken
- Shelf Stable Milk
- Granola Bars
- Canned fruit (fruit cocktail)
- Cup O Noodles
- Bar soap
- Hand Sanitizer
- Diapers, size 4-6
- Dish soap
- Lysol Wipes
- Laundry Soap (Powdered)
Wednesday, December 2nd at 6:30 pm
We are excited to partner with a local senior center, Kin On, to wish a JOYful holidays to their resident senior citizens. Kin On provides healthcare solutions for Asian elders and their families.
At our community service event, we will show a video of Medina students singing together and sharing online messages to their elderly residents. A Kin On representative will share a brief presentation about Kin On, and the Medina community will have an opportunity to ask questions. We hope everyone will be able to join us for this event.
Here's how you can contribute to our video for the senior citizens (all submissions are due Monday, November 23rd):
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about recordings.
- Submit recordings. Record yourself singing My Favorite Things, Count On Me, and/or Can't Stop the Feeling. We will combine everyone's recordings to create a Medina student chorus! Please follow the recording instructions below.
- Introduce the songs. We are looking for three students interested in recording introductions to the songs. Please sign up if you are interested and we will contact you.
- Sign the virtual greeting card. Add your message to our Padlet. Get creative! One suggestion is to create art using these Chinese characters.
- Download the audio files and practice with the tracks and lyrics.
- When you are ready to record, use headphones while you record your voice and video. You should only have singing in your recording, not the music track.
- You can record as much or as little as you like, whether it is one song, three songs, or just a verse.
- Submit your video by Monday, November 23, 2020.
6:30-8:00pm on Friday, October 30th
- Submit a picture of your carved or decorated pumpkin here by 3pm on Friday, October 30th.
- 3:00 pm-5:00pm - Drop off as many carved or decorated pumpkins as you would like at the Medina Elementary’s main parking lot loop (green line on this map) with the Pumpkin ID* (see below). We will provide LED tea lights for your pumpkins to be lit for the event.
- 6:30pm-8:00pm - Put on your costume and drive through to view the lit-up pumpkins, give a Medina Tiger hello to Principal Harvey, and receive a Halloween treat!
- 6:30pm (10/30) - 3pm (10/31) - Vote online for your favorite pumpkins! All the pumpkins dropped off between 3:00-5:00pm will be eligible for voting. Voting will be available on this page by 6:30pm of the same day.
- Pick-up your pumpkin on Saturday, October 31st by 3:00pm at Franck Residency (address to be emailed). We will have to dispose of the pumpkins after that time.
- Pumpkin awards will be announced in the Byte when the votes are all tallied up.
*Pumpkin ID: 1. Your name (student name/family name), 2. Student grade(s), and 3. Pumpkin name/theme on a piece of paper. Example: Smith Family (Karl and Jenny), 2nd and 4th grade, “Toothless Pawlie”. Put the Pumpkin ID in a ziplock bag and place it underneath your pumpkin when dropping off.
BSD-assigned Medina Family and Community Engagement Specialist: