News from Higher Level PTAs
Here's the latest from:
- Bellevue PTSA Council: The Bellevue PTSA Council represents the 30 PTAs in the Bellevue School District. Monthly meetings provide local unit representatives the opportunity to hear from and talk with district administrators and with one another and to receive other information of interest to the students, families and PTSA units in the Bellevue School District.
- Bellevue Gifted Alliance: The Bellevue Gifted Alliance (BGA) in the Bellevue School District encompasses families of highly capable students, teachers, administrators and interested community members promoting excellence in “gifted” or “highly capable” education.
- Washington State PTA
- National PTA
National PTA: Legislative Conference 2021
2/20/2021 10:11 am
From National PTA:
Join us March 9-11 for our first virtual Legislative Conference and learn how to advocate for every child. Workshops include: Advocating for Federal Resources, Supporting and Inclusive Practices and Why Public Schools Matter to Us–and that is just on Day 1! Read about the benefits of attending LegCon. Registration closes Feb. 26. We hope to see you there!
Website Update: WSPTA Legislative Priorities and Supported Issues
1/27/2021 7:49 pm
Our Advocacy Page has been updated with WSPTA's 2020-2021 top five legislative priorities and other supported issues. Please check it out here.
The top five priorities are:
- Increasing access to Nursing, Mental Health and S.E.L. staff.
- Support Students and Preserve Education Funding.
- Increasing Educational Equity by Closing the Digital Divide.
- Supports and Funding for Students with Disabilities and Their Families.
- Decreasing gun violence and suicide.
These legislative priorities (as well as the other supported issues, principles, and resolutions) were voted on at the 42nd Annual Legislative Assembly on October 24-25, 2020 in a virtual format. Medina PTA had seven voting delegates: Li-Tan Hsu, Julie Franck, Andrea Turner, Marti Enke, Maxine Lee, María Ortega, and Shari Kauls.
The Legislative Assembly is held once every two years.
For more information, please visit WA State PTA's Advocacy Page.Read More
Medina PTA Legislative Update
10/11/2020 9:57 pm
Take a look at your voters pamphlet to start planning your vote. Read the news for specific dates and information on voter registration. Our ballots will be in the mail starting October 16th.Read More
Washington State PTA Advocacy Survey
10/4/2020 12:00 am
Member voice matters — please complete the Washington State PTA 2020 Advocacy Survey. There’s a wide range of advocacy issues and we need your voice to help our PTA delegates vote on the Top 5 issues that are most important to us. Your replies will help guide our PTA’s delegates when they vote at the upcoming WSPTA Legislative Assembly in late October where the new 2020-2021 Platform will be set.
The issues all support the health, education, and welfare of children and youth but the proposed platform covers a wide spectrum of advocacy positions and legislative policies from increasing access to mental health to preventing gun violence and suicide to closing the digital divide.
Take the survey and let us know what’s important to you. The survey closes on October 9th.