Reflections Art Program
2023-2024 Co-Chairs: Yalan Xing and Yanna Gu
The Reflections Program is a National PTA arts competition for students from pre-K through grade 12. The purpose is to provide an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works of art in response to a theme.
2023-2024 Submission Deadline: Nov 20th, 2023
The winners' artworks will be advanced to Bellevue Council level and have a chance to advance to state and national level. Our students made it as a state finalist in 2022-2023! You can find details about Washington State submission rules here: Reflections Washington State Submissions Review and Q&A
This year's theme is:
"I am hopeful because ..."
Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 students are encouraged to submit original works of art in one or more of the following categories:
- Dance Choreography – originally choreographed dance composition.
- Film Production – original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Musical Composition – original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography – color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts – drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework & leather tooling.
Special Artist Division: Students with disabilities may receive special accommodations by entering the special artist division and are encouraged to enter any category.
Please follow ALL steps below:
1. Create your piece of art - make sure your art follows the rules
2. Take a high-resolution photo or scan,
TIP: When taking a photo of visual art to upload, make sure the entry is in good light, camera is aligned straight with artwork, and crop everything else out.
3. Label the art work as: category_grade_firstname_lastname_artwork. e.g. visualart_2nd_John_Doe_artwork
4. Statement: Write about how the piece relates to the theme in 100 words or less.
5. Download and fill in student entry form (link), save as PDF file with naming: category_grade_firstname_
6.Complete the Entry form online here, including the artwork following above format; write about how the piece relates to the theme in 100 words or less.
Entry rules for each category:
For more information, please visit the Reflections pages from:
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org