Reflections Art Program
2022-2023 Co-Chairs: Yalan Xing and Yanna Gu
The Reflections Program is a National PTA arts competition for students from pre-K through grade 12. The purpose is to provide an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works of art in response to a theme.
2022-2023 Submission Deadline: Nov 28, 2022
The winners' artworks will be advanced to Bellevue Council level and have a chance to advance to state and national level. Medina made to state level finalists last year! This year is more exciting as the in-person art show is coming back: all submitted pieces will get displayed at the Book Fair Family Night & Reflections Art Show on December 7th at 5pm, and have a chance to be voted as “fan-favorite” piece!
Jump/Go to: Categories | How to Participate | WA State PTA Reflections | National PTA Reflections
This year's theme is:
"Show Your Voice"
Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 students are encouraged to submit original works of art in one or more of the following categories:
- Dance Choreography – originally choreographed dance composition.
- Film Production – original works, with or without sound, of animation, narrative, documentary, experimental or music video/film.
- Literature – works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories and lyrics.
- Musical Composition – original musical composition, with or without words.
- Photography – color or black and white, included techniques: photogram, negative sandwich, and multiple exposure.
- Visual Arts – drawing, painting in tempera, oil, acrylic, watercolor & t-shirt paints, computer generated art, two-dimensional collage, printmaking, needlework & leather tooling.
Special Artist Division: Students with disabilities may receive special accommodations by entering the special artist division and are encouraged to enter any category.
How to Participate
Participating is as easy as followed:
- Create your piece of art - make sure your art follows the rules
- Take a high-resolution photo or scan,
TIP: When taking a photo of visual art to upload, make sure the entry is in good light, camera is aligned straight with artwork, and crop everything else out.
- Complete the Entry form electronically (type in information and save as pdf), write about how the piece relates to the theme in 100 words or less
- Label the art work as: category_grade_firstname_lastname_artwork; the entry form as: category_grade_firstname_lastname_entryform. e.g. visualart_2nd_John_Doe_artwork
- Send artwork and entry form files to email@example.com
Submit Your Entries by Nov. 28th!
For more information, please visit the Reflections pages from:
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org