Outdoor Masking Update
3/5/2022 10:02 pm
From the 3/4/2022 Principal's Newsletter:
Starting March 7th, outdoor masking will be optional for staff, families, and students.
- Students will wear a mask at arrival prior to entering the building.
- Students will be asked to put on their masks at the conclusion of recess and before re-entering the building.
- Students will need to keep and manage their own masks. If they lose it while outdoors, we will have disposable masks available.
- If a student loses a cloth mask and it is found by someone else, the mask will have to be thrown away.
- Bus riders will be asked to their masks on as they walk to the bus and keep them on during the bus ride home.
- Car dismissal students may choose to remove their masks while waiting in line.
- Walkers may remove their masks once they exit the building if
Any student that requests to maintain social distance will be allowed to do so by stepping to the back of the line or to the side where they can be at least 6 feet away from others that choose to remove their mask.
Additionally, Social Emotional lessons will be provided to teachers from our Teaching and Learning department to support staff and students in supporting the concept of choice per student and family and how to navigate this process respectfully. Please watch for more communication from BSD on future mask updates.
Lastly, we appreciate your partnerships at home in talking with your child to help prepare them for the changes in mask options that will be evident come Monday and how to navigate this shift respectfully.